Have Fun and Keep Your Eyes Safe This Halloween!
Who doesn’t love to dress up in a scary or silly costume and get lots of candy and goodies from their neighbors and friends? While Halloween is an exciting time full of tricks and treats, it’s important to take precautions and stay safe during the holiday, especially when it comes to your vision.
Here are a few easy steps you can take to ensure your Halloween remains accident free and fun:
- Carry a flashlight to improve visibility and light the way as you go from house to house.
- Avoid costumes that may block vision like scarves that cover the face, slouchy hats, or obstructive masks.
- Prevent unexpected injuries by leaving sharp objects, like fake swords or wands, at home.
- If you’re using makeup as part of a costume, make sure to keep it away from the eyes.
- Remember to exercise caution when it comes to decorative contact lenses. They are a medical device that require a prescription so consult with your doctor before deciding to use them.
- Make sure you and your group can be seen. Wear reflective clothing or add reflective tape/patches to costumes or bags.
If you have any questions about Halloween eye safety, or eye care in general, you can always call Bonner Eye Clinic at 1-800-518-7487 or visit in person at our two convenient locations!