Optomap®: Wide Field Retinal Imaging
The key to having and maintaining healthy eyes is in the early detection of potential problems. We are happy to announce that we are now offering optomap® imaging, which shows us a much wider view of your retina than any other imaging device, in order to provide our patients with the greatest chance of earlier disease detection and treatment.
Optomap provides us with a permanent digital image which we can manipulate and magnify to have the most comprehensive view of the back of the eye in order to better and more effectively discover abnormalities that may be present. Optomap non-invasively captures an instantaneous, ultra-widefield digital image of the retina, revealing important information for the comprehensive evaluation of systemic and ocular health. The image, which is captured in less than half a second, enhances clinical care, patient satisfaction, and practice efficiency. It is performed quickly and easily which enables practitioners to spend more time diagnosing and educating rather than gathering information.
What to Expect with Optomap
- Fast, painless process
- You may or may not receive dilation eye drops
- Non-invasive: nothing touches your eye
- Simply look into the machine and a flash of light takes the image of your retina in less than a half-second
- You’ll see the 3D animation of your retina
- Provides a 200⁰ view of your retina (other methods only provide 45⁰ imaging)
- Can help detect retinal diseases in early stages such as macular degeneration, detached or torn retina and diabetic retinopathy
- May help detect other health problems such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, stroke, etc.
- Early detection and treatment can help preserve vision and protect your overall health
- No side effects
- Safe for children and adults
We’d Love to Tell You More About Retina Diseases
We invite you to schedule an eye exam so we can assess your vision for signs of retina disease so early treatment can be administered. During your visit to our practice, you will learn why so many people trust our team to protect their precious eyesight.