M. Jerry Mariano, M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
M. Jerry Mariano, M.D., joined Bonner Eye Clinic in 2001. As a comprehensive ophthalmologist, Dr. Mariano treats eye diseases and performs eye surgery. He is certified on the VISX excimer laser and the IntraLase femtosecond laser for laser refractive procedures. He also has specialized training in glaucoma and is able to provide advanced glaucoma treatment and surgery. Dr. Mariano has performed over 1,000 refractive procedures including LASIK, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), cataract surgery, and multifocal lenses.
Dr. Mariano grew up in Grand Forks, North Dakota, where his father was also an eye surgeon. Dr. Mariano sees patients and performs surgery at both the Grand Rapids and Hibbing offices.
- Undergraduate Degree: Carleton College of Northfield, Minnesota, graduating cum laude
- Medical Degree: University of North Dakota
- Internship: MeritCare Hospital in Fargo, North Dakota
- Ophthalmology residency: Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, serving as chief resident his final year
- Fellowship training in glaucoma: Cleveland Clinic
Dr. Mariano is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive surgeons. He is also a member of the American Medical Association. Dr. Mariano has hospital privileges at the Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, Deer River Hospital and Fairview University Medical Center – Mesabi in Hibbing.